Veneers are a terrific choice to think about if you’re looking for ways to make your smile better. Veneers are applied directly to the front surfaces of your teeth and are very thin covers or shells. Veneers can treat many cosmetic dental problems, such as discolored or chipped teeth. Although they can improve your smile, are veneers the best choice for you? When thinking about this choice, have the following details in mind.
What are Dental Veneers?
A great technique to enhance and brighten your smile is with veneers! They are frequently used to cover flaws including tooth discoloration, and cracked, or slightly spaced teeth. But not everyone will be qualified for this procedure. In some cases, further dental procedures like crowns or braces may be needed.
Veneers are uniquely crafted, tooth-colored porcelain shells customized to each client’s specific dental needs. To ensure that Veneers can enhance the smile you want and finish any extra suggested procedures, our veneer dentist in Westmont, IL, will assess the state of your teeth and talk with you about expectations for the procedure.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Dental Veneers?
- Visit your veneer dentist in Westmont, IL, for a professional evaluation to determine your candidacy for porcelain veneers. If You’ll probably be a suitable candidate for porcelain veneer when –
- You have healthy teeth and gums – Any decay or gum disease you may have will need to be treated before proceeding with veneers.
- If you wish to correct minor cosmetic flaws in your smile – Porcelain veneers can correct crooked, cracked, or slightly misaligned teeth by providing a new surface. More precise procedures can be required for serious problems.
- You have expectations for what veneers can accomplish – You might think about alternate dental procedures if the issues you want to fix are for functionality or health reasons.
What Dental Issues Can Veneers Address?
Veneers can address the following problems –
To replace damaged enamel
Tooth problems are a thing of the past, thanks to advancements in dentistry. If the enamel on your teeth is damaged, porcelain veneers are an excellent solution. It is quick, easy to add, and efficient.
Improve the Appearance of Teeth
Your teeth can look brighter and last longer with porcelain veneers. They are incredibly well-liked since they make your teeth look more beautiful and natural. The Veneers can brighten the color of your teeth by being composed of a strong and transparent ceramic substance.
To Correct Crooked Teeth
In the past, getting braces for misaligned teeth was the only option. But now that dental technology has advanced, there are other options. People must adjust to the discomfort and bother of getting braces, even for mildly misaligned teeth. A porcelain veneer can quickly correct minor tooth crooking. Veneers can address issues without the hassle of braces.
When are Dental Veneers Not Advised?
Dental veneers are a great way to improve the appearance of your smile, but they’re not for everyone. Here are some situations in which you might not want to consider veneers:
- You have a large overbite or overcrowded teeth
- You have a small jaw structure or narrow dental arch.
- You have missing teeth.
To determine if you are a good candidate for them, your dentist at Celebrity Smiles in Westmont, IL, can examine your teeth. You might not be a good candidate for veneers if you suffer from gum disease, tooth decay, or other dental issues. If you’re not a good candidate, your dentist can inform you of other options, including bonding or crowns.
Make an appointment with Celebrity Smiles in Westmont, IL, if you are curious to know more about veneers. If you want to get veneers for your teeth, we can assist you in making that decision. In addition, we provide endodontic and periodontal therapy services.